.xlsm you need to do it slightly different way. (you can also rename .xls to .xlsm)
- Change the extension of the
- Open the .zip file (with WinZip or WinRar etc) and go to the xl folder.
- Extract the
vbaProject.binfile and open it in a Hex Editor (with Notepad++ or npp.exe etc).
- Search for
DPBand replace with
DPxand save the file.
- Replace the old
vbaProject.binfile with this new on in the zipped file.
- Change the file extension back to
- Open workbook skip through the warning messages.
- Open up Visual Basic inside Excel.
- Go to Tools > VBAProject Properties > Protection Tab.
- Put in a new password and save the
- Close and re open and your new password will work.